Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by jribeiro <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2008/09/07 00:45:45 UTC

MyFaces 1.2.4 and WebLogic 10.3- strict servlet API: cannot call getWriter() after getOutputStream()

Hi,

I have a newbie question for you. I am trying to run a very simple JSF
application using myFaces 1.2.4 and WebLogic 10.3. The application has the
following content:
web.xml:
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
   	http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
	version="2.5">
   <servlet>
      <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>
   <servlet-mapping>
      <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
   <welcome-file-list>
      <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
   </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

faces-config.xml:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<faces-config xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd"
	version="1.2">
   <navigation-rule>
      <from-view-id>/index.jsp</from-view-id>
      <navigation-case>
         <from-outcome>login</from-outcome>
         <to-view-id>/welcome.jsp</to-view-id>
      </navigation-case>
   </navigation-rule>
   <managed-bean>
      <managed-bean-name>user</managed-bean-name>
      <managed-bean-class>pt.pm.richfaces.UserBean</managed-bean-class>
      <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
   </managed-bean>
</faces-config>

index.html:
   <head>
      <title>Start Web Application</title>
   </head>

index.jsp:
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
<f:view>
	<head>
	<title>A Simple JavaServer Faces Application</title>
	</head>
	<h:form>
		<h3>Please enter your name and password.</h3>
	</h:form>
</f:view>

My WEB_INF/lib contains the following jars: commons-beanutils-1.7.0,
commons-codec-1.3, commons-collections-3.2, commons-digester-1.8,
commons-discovery-0.4, commons-logging-1.1.1, glassfish.el_2.1.0,
glassfish.jstl_1.2.0.1, myfaces-api-1.2.4, myfaces-impl-1.2.4.

Whenever I try to run my application I get the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: strict servlet API: cannot call getWriter()
aft
er getOutputStream()
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.getWriter(ServletRespon
seImpl.java:308)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspV
iewHandlerImpl.java:362)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderRes
ponseExecutor.java:41)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:
140)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:155)

If instead of using myFaces I use the Sun Reference implementation
everything goes well. If I deploy the application (using myFaces) in JBoss 5
it works well. So the problem seems to be related with the use of WLS 10.3
and myFaces 1.2.4. Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks!
Jorge

Re: MyFaces 1.2.4 and WebLogic 10.3- strict servlet API: cannot call getWriter() after getOutputStream()

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
As mentioned in the JIRA ticket, I filed a bug agains WLS in our
internal system...

Please stay tuned.

-matthias

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Leo,
>
> thanks for debugging. I forwarded the JIRA to my colleagues, that work on WLS.
>
> -Matthias
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Leo,
>>
>> looks correct
>>
>> -M
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> There is a possible solution to this issue on MYFACES-1955.
>>>
>>> It could be good if anyone can probe it on WebLogic, to make sure if it
>>> works and close this issue
>>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Leonardo Uribe

>> --
>> Matthias Wessendorf

> Matthias Wessendorf

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Leo,

thanks for debugging. I forwarded the JIRA to my colleagues, that work on WLS.

-Matthias

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Leo,
>
> looks correct
>
> -M
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> There is a possible solution to this issue on MYFACES-1955.
>>
>> It could be good if anyone can probe it on WebLogic, to make sure if it
>> works and close this issue
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Leonardo Uribe
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:36 PM, jribeiro <pa...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I did that long time ago-
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1955

>>> --

> Matthias Wessendorf

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Leo,

looks correct

-M

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> There is a possible solution to this issue on MYFACES-1955.
>
> It could be good if anyone can probe it on WebLogic, to make sure if it
> works and close this issue
>
> regards
>
> Leonardo Uribe
>
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:36 PM, jribeiro <pa...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I did that long time ago-
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1955
>>
>> Matthias Wessendorf-4 wrote:
>> >
>> > Can you file an issue ?
>> >
>> > -Matthias

>> > --
>> > Matthias Wessendorf
>> >
>> > blog: http://matthiaswessendorf.wordpress.com/
>> > sessions: http://www.slideshare.net/mwessendorf
>> > twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf
>> >

>> --

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by jribeiro <pa...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Can you file an issue ?

-Matthias

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM, jribeiro <pa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> No, sorry, we decided to use the Sun reference implementation. I was
> expecting to see a fast reaction to this issue, which in my opinion is very
> serious, but nothing has happened since.
>

> V. Svetoslavov wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Have you managed to work around this problem? Is there any solution?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards
>> V. Svetoslavov

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by jribeiro <pa...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by jribeiro <pa...@hotmail.com>.
Same issue occurs with WebLogic 10 MP1.

Re: MyFaces 1.2.4 and WebLogic 10.3- strict servlet API: cannot call getWriter() after getOutputStream()

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I thought so, that you get the same error, but at least there was a
bit of hope :-)

On 9/7/08, jribeiro <pa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> seImpl.java:308)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspV
>>> iewHandlerImpl.java:362)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderRes
>>> ponseExecutor.java:41)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:
>>> 140)
>>>        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:155)
>>>
>>> If instead of using myFaces I use the Sun Reference implementation
>>> everything goes well. If I deploy the application (using myFaces) in
>>> JBoss 5
>>> it works well. So the problem seems to be related with the use of WLS
>>> 10.3
>>> and myFaces 1.2.4. Anyone can help me with this?

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by jribeiro <pa...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> [...]

> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.getWriter(ServletRespon
> seImpl.java:308)
>        at
> org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspV
> iewHandlerImpl.java:362)
>        at
> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderRes
> ponseExecutor.java:41)
>        at
> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:
> 140)
>        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:155)
>
> If instead of using myFaces I use the Sun Reference implementation
> everything goes well. If I deploy the application (using myFaces) in JBoss 5
> it works well. So the problem seems to be related with the use of WLS 10.3
> and myFaces 1.2.4. Anyone can help me with this?

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf