Posted to user@roller.apache.org by rguggenb <gu...@wuestenrot.at> on 2007/02/22 16:27:05 UTC

editing template files on file system (applicationserver restart needed)

Are all *.vm Files cached when starting the application server?
When editing a *.vm File the server has to be restarted :-(

We want to include a header.vm file (which is generated everyday from our
CMS). But the changes are not visible until Tomcat is restarted. Changes in
the global weblog.vm aren't updated too.

Is there a possibility to turn the "vm cache" off or to clear the cache? I
tried all caching options in the config file but without success.

Re: editing template files on file system (applicationserver restart needed)

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
I believe that you can do this by tweaking the velocity.properties file
that is in the WEB-INF directory of the webapp.

-- Allen