Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/03/21 17:25:02 UTC

Struts Validator: Use of anchor tag

Subject: Struts Validator: Use of anchor tag
From: "Arthur Frankel" <ar...@yahoo.com>
 ===
Due to lots of fields on a form, I am trying to offer links within the error
messages (using Struts Validator).   I would assume that I can do something
like this,

errors.date=<A HREF='#{0}'>{0}</A> is not a date and must be in the format
of {1}.

but this just dumps out the <A HREF.... as text on the page.

Any ideas?

Arthur.

Re: Struts Validator: Use of anchor tag

Posted by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>.
I think there is an issue with using single quotes
inside error messages and variables in JavaScript.  Or
it might have been just variables.  You should
definitely be able to escape a double quote though if
you have any problems with the single quote.
-
David

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.