Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ravi Lodhi <lo...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/03 11:55:50 UTC

Re: Solr Demo

Hi James,

I think there is no screen available which is driven by Solr as of now
where you can test directly but there are backend services to index and
search products which is using default product schema. So you can test the
Solr Integration by calling these services from webtools application.

Follow below steps to test keyword search -
*1. rebuildSolrIndex* - Run this service to build Solr Index. This will
indexed available product data.
*Note:* You can run this service from OFBiz webtools. Login to webtools
application and go to this page
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/runService. Enter the
service name *rebuildSolrIndex *and run that service without passing any
parameters for testing purpose (It will use default indexName which is
solrDefault).

*2. solrKeywordSearch* - Run this service to search products based on
keywords. To run this service navigate to above mentioned page
<https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/runService> in
webtools application. Enter the service name *solrKeywordSearch *and run
that service.  You will see following input/output parameters of this
service- facetQuery,indexName(Default
solrdefault),query,queryFilter,returnFields,sortBy,sortByReverse,viewIndex
and viewSize. The *query *parameter is mandatory and indexName is default
to solrDefault.

Prepare your query string and pass it to query parameter. e.g.
*internalName:Giant
Widget *. This will bring all the products where internalName
contains Giant or Widget or both the keyword.

For your custom need it might possible that you need to enhance or redesign
Solr Schema.

HTH!

Thanks,
Ravi Lodhi

Re: Solr Demo

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
The solr component (and all adopters) would surely benefit if it were to be
enhanced with such screens.
Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)