Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Arjan Eriks <AE...@schubergphilis.com> on 2016/01/31 22:30:54 UTC

Schuberg and the way forward

Hi all,

Over the last weeks we have had contact with a lot of you already. Most probably you are already aware of our (Schuberg Philis’s) plans moving forward.

As you know we are working hard to get faster releases and to get to that it means that we need to move to code commits that are fully tested, a master that never breaks and maybe evenly important to work towards some architectural changes in the code itself. For us it means that we forked the code after the latest release and we will work on that branch as of now. Of course we will remain active on porting back nasty bug fixes and such.

I would like to thanks each and every one of you. Without this OSS community we would not be where we are now. And that is that all our customers run in our Cloud. A Cloudstack cloud.

For those interested feel free to read my blog post about our move: https://www.cupfighter.net/2016/01/welcome-mission-critical-cloud. Or feel free to contact us directly. You now where to find us.

Cheers, Arjan

Re: Schuberg and the way forward

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi Arjan,

Good luck with CCloud and thanks. Hope to still see you guys around, I guess we'll be paying a lot of attention to your fork.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Arjan Eriks <er...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Daan,

I really hope this move works out for all parties. It would be fun to be at
the same cloudstack events and such. The discussions, plans and the
community feel of cloudstack is one of the best i have experienced.

Regards, Arjan

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Arjan,

--
Daan

Re: Schuberg and the way forward

Posted by Ian Rae <ir...@cloudops.com>.
Arjan, thanks for sharing, to me this is an indication of a healthy and
diverse ecosystem meeting multiple needs and it is an excellent sign for
the greater Apache CloudStack that a key use case is to deliver
mission-critical cloud services!

--
Ian Rae
CEO | PDG

CloudOps | Cloud Infrastructure and Networking Solutions
www.cloudops.com | 420 rue Guy | Montreal | Canada | H3J 1S6

RE: Schuberg and the way forward

Posted by Samir Agarwal <sa...@accelerite.com>.
Arjan,

From everything I have been told in my brief association with CloudStack/CloudPlatform, you and Schuberg Philis have been awesome citizens of this community. I understand your drivers to move more rapidly. I am hopeful that you will continue to make contributions back to CloudStack by way of bug fixes and feature additions, rather than go on a path of complete diversion. Is that what you intend to do?

Regards

Samir

Op 1 feb. 2016 10:57 AM schreef "Erik Weber" <te...@gmail.com>>:
[...]

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Re: Schuberg and the way forward

Posted by Arjan Eriks <er...@gmail.com>.
Erik, Daan,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.