Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ms...@softhome.net on 2008/01/26 21:10:23 UTC

a dependency mystery with junit

I have a 2000+ line Ant file that has been working fine for a long time.
I also have a moving target in that I frequently make minor tweaks as I find
something I missed.

The problem that I have just started seeing is that junit is failing every
test saying it cannot find my classes when I build everything, i.e. "ant
clean all" where 'all' is defined as:

   <target name="all" depends="init, dist, test, website" ...

junit is invoked in the 'test' target above so I, of course, thought that
a change in my 'website' target must have affected this. I moved 'test' to
last place in the 'depends' line above, but it still yielded the same
result: failing every test. Why this is curious is that if I immediately run
"ant test" then all the tests run fine.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? Or why it just started happening?

Ant: v1.7.0
JUnit: v4.1
OS: Windows XP SP2

My Junit invocation:
<junit printsummary="yes" haltonfailure="no">
	<formatter type="plain"/>
	<batchtest todir="${reports.tests}">
		<fileset dir="${src.tests}">
			<include name="**/*Test*.java"/>
		</fileset>
	</batchtest>
</junit>

Re: a dependency mystery with junit

Posted by ms...@softhome.net.
First, I am not sure where I would specify those properties (as I am not
sure how ant is providing a classpath to Junit) so I have not been able to
try your suggestion.

More importantly, though, your comment does not address my main conundrum,
which is: why does the junit call work fine if I simply separate the two ant
targets into separate invocations of ant, one to do the build and one to run
the test?