Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Richard Wallace <rw...@thewallacepack.net> on 2006/04/03 20:30:31 UTC

Yahoo! User Interface Library

Hey everyone,

A web designer at work just showed me the DHTML/Javascript libraries
that Yahoo! released about a month ago at
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/index.html.

They look pretty slick and are really well done.  I'm just curious if
anyone else here has seen them and done any work with integrating some
of the interface components into JSF.

The one I'm particularly interested in at the moment is the slider
widget.  It's a much better alternative to providing users with a bunch
of radio buttons.  And the way it works is seems like it would be very
flexible.  What I want to do is create something like a
<yahoo:inputSlider> component.  Doesn't look like it would be too
complicated, and if no one else has done it yet would probably be a nice
foray for me into the world of JSF component development.

Thoughts?
Rich

Re: Yahoo! User Interface Library

Posted by Richard Wallace <rw...@thewallacepack.net>.
This is the first time I've seen Rico. It looks pretty cool. I
definitely like some of the components there, like the LiveGrid data
table and the accordion. And the drag and drop is definitely cool. But,
at the moment the slider is what I'm most interested in. I agree it
would be nice if all these new frameworks and js component libraries
were to be consolidated into one so the focus could be on new features
rather than reinventing the wheel 200 times, but the same could be said
of any other framework.

Have you used all the Rico components in JSF? I'm particularly
interested in hearing about the LiveGrid data table and how it works
when used in a JSF environment.

Does anyone have a list of the JSF component libraries that are out
there? I know there are some commercial ones that basically AJAXify any
JSF component (like AjaxFaces), and like ICEFaces that is an AJAX
enabled JSF implementation, but what other ajax libraries are out there
other than the sandbox? Are there any?

Posted by Mert Çalışkan <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jurgen Lust <Ju...@UGent.be>.
There are some very nice components there, especially the drag and drop
stuff and, indeed, the slider. The license is BSD however, that might be
a problem...

Jurgen