Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2011/09/08 00:13:20 UTC

Setting property 'request.secret' to 'foo' did not find a matching property

Re: Setting property 'request.secret' to 'foo' did not find a matching property

Posted by ma...@apache.org.
Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

Easily done.

I noticed that the connector docs could do with an update for this change in 7.0.x as could the migration guide.

Mark

Re: Setting property 'request.secret' to 'foo' did not find a matching property

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Setting property 'request.secret' to 'foo' did not find a matching property

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
> All,
>
> TC 7.0.20, httpd 2.2.16, mod_jk 1.2.30
>
> I was trying to set up a "secret" for use with my AJP connector and
> I got these two warnings:
>
> Sep 7, 2011 6:09:20 PM
> org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin WARNING:
> [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'request.secret' to 'foo' did not find a matching property. Sep 7,
> 2011 6:09:20 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule
> begin WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector}
> Setting property 'request.useSecret' to 'true' did not find a
> matching property.
>
> The "secret" does not seem to apply to the AJP connector, as
> requests get through with no "secret" configuration in mod_jk.
>
> Am I missing something?

Yes. You haven't read the docs and you are using the wrong name for
the attribute. Try reading this:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/ajp.html#Common_Attributes

Mark