Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by an...@conti.de on 2001/10/04 19:40:39 UTC

How to install tomcat 4.0 as Windows 2000 service?

Can anyone help me how to install tomcat 4.0 as service on windows 2000?

Thanks

Andreas Spielvogel

Re: How to install tomcat 4.0 as Windows 2000 service?

Posted by Jens Kühnberger <Ku...@web.de>.
I also tried to install the EXE Version of tomcat 4 on Windows 2000 as a
service, but when I start the service tomcat seem to hang up.
I get the following error message when I shut down the service after
some time :

Stopping service Tomcat-Standalone
Catalina.stop: LifecycleException:  HTTP connector has not yet been started
LifecycleException:  HTTP connector has not yet been started
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.stop(HttpConnector.java:1160)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:428)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:534)
    at
org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.stop(CatalinaService.java:283)
    at
org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.execute(CatalinaService.java:174)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
    at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:360)
Stop server complete

Does anyone else have this problem?

Jens

Re: How to install tomcat 4.0 as Windows 2000 service?

Posted by Will Stranathan <wi...@thestranathans.com>.
If you use the EXE version of the Tomcat installer, check
the checkbox that says "Install Tomcat as a Service".

Will Stranathan