Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ECKER Sandor <ec...@drehsden.hu> on 2004/01/12 16:14:04 UTC

Question about hungarian hyphenation

Hello!

	I have just tried to use hungarian hyphenation, but it didn't work
with the hungarian a' letter... It can hyphenate words with the another
accentuated letters (e', i', o', o:, u', u:) except the u" and U"
letters...

	Has anyone any experience with this thema? I have seen the
in the fop-0.20.5-src.zip\fop-0.20.5\src\hyph\ directory the hu.xml file,
and there isn't any a' or A' in the <classes> field, but there are the o"
and O" letters (as o~ and O~)...

	What can be the problem? Can it help if I add the a' and A'
letters?

	I have find out, that the public int find(char[] key, int
start) in TernaryTree gives me -1 and after thet the
public Hyphenation hyphenate(char[] w, int offset, int len,
                    int remainCharCount, int pushCharCount) methon in
HyphenationTree.java says

            int nc = classmap.find(c, 0);
            if (nc < 0) {    // found a non-letter character, abort
                return null;
            }

also abort...

Thx!
Sandor

Re: Question about hungarian hyphenation

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
ECKER Sandor wrote:
> 	I have just tried to use hungarian hyphenation, but it didn't work
> with the hungarian a' letter... It can hyphenate words with the another
> accentuated letters (e', i', o', o:, u', u:) except the u" and U"
> letters...
>
> 	Has anyone any experience with this thema? I have seen the
> in the fop-0.20.5-src.zip\fop-0.20.5\src\hyph\ directory the hu.xml file,
> and there isn't any a' or A' in the <classes> field, but there are the o"
> and O" letters (as o~ and O~)...
>
> 	What can be the problem? Can it help if I add the a' and A'
> letters?
Yes, a bit. This doesnt mean words with such characters are hyphenated
properly afterwards. Maybe you have to map them to plain a or something.

J.Pietschmann