Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chandra sekhar <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/20 16:18:44 UTC

Oracle REST Data Services Unavailable -- java.sql.SQLException: Unable to start the Universal Connection Pool

Hi,

We were recently installed and configured Apex on two servers and did the
Load balance.We were facing the issue like "Oracle REST Data Services
Unavailable" and we found the below error messages in the catalina.out Can
anybody suggest me.

Error Message:
==========
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Unable to start the Universal Connection
Pool: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: Failed to create
initialPoolSize connections while starting a pool:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: empty service member name
        at
oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.newSQLException(UCPErrorHandler.java:456)
        at
oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.throwSQLException(UCPErrorHandler.java:133)
        at
oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.startPool(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:942)
        at
oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:1969)
        at
oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.access$500(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:198)
        at
oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl$30.build(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:4353)
        at
oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:1924)
        at
oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:1901)
        at
oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.DataSourceConnection.getConnection(DataSourceConnection.java:46)
        at
oracle.dbtools.common.pools.DataSourceTargetImpl.connection(DataSourceTargetImpl.java:41)
        at
oracle.dbtools.url.mapping.db.DatabaseURLMappingImpl.injectPool(DatabaseURLMappingImpl.java:383)
        ... 50 more
Caused by: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: Failed to create
initialPoolSize connections while starting a pool:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: empty service member name
        at
oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.newUniversalConnectionPoolException(UCPErrorHandler.java:336)
        at
oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.throwUniversalConnectionPoolException(UCPErrorHandler.java:59)
        at oracle.ucp.common.Core.initialize(Core.java:1307)
        at
oracle.ucp.common.UniversalConnectionPoolBase.start(UniversalConnectionPoolBase.java:725)
        at
oracle.ucp.jdbc.oracle.OracleJDBCConnectionPool.start(OracleJDBCConnectionPool.java:129)
        at
oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.startPool(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:938)
        ... 58 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: empty service member name
        at oracle.ucp.common.ServiceMember.<init>(ServiceMember.java:163)
        at oracle.ucp.common.ServiceMember.<init>(ServiceMember.java:129)
        at oracle.ucp.common.Service$2.<init>(Service.java:790)
        at oracle.ucp.common.Service.create(Service.java:785)
        at oracle.ucp.common.Service.create(Service.java:588)
        at oracle.ucp.common.Topology.create(Topology.java:145)
        at oracle.ucp.common.Core$9.call(Core.java:1248)
        at oracle.ucp.common.Core$9.call(Core.java:1236)
        at oracle.ucp.common.Core.initialize(Core.java:1283)

With Thanks & Best Regards,
Chandra.

Re: Oracle REST Data Services Unavailable -- java.sql.SQLException: Unable to start the Universal Connection Pool

Posted by chandra sekhar <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris.Will check

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by chandra sekhar <ch...@gmail.com>.
I think service name should be there.Can you tell me how to check this?

Posted by John Dale <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chandra sekhar <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Dale <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chandra sekhar <ch...@gmail.com>.