Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2015/08/12 12:26:48 UTC

DeviceMap board report draft

Hi,

While technically Reza is still our PMC chair until replaced, I'll
take care of the board report which is due now for the board meeting
next Wednesday.
That's unless we hear from Reza about this very soon, which is not
likely based on his last "Goodbye" message.

The remaining PMC members will recommend a new PMC chair at that board
meeting as well, so Reza should be officially relieved of his PMC
chair duties next week.

Here's my suggested report draft, on-topic comments are welcome:

*** report draft ***
DeviceMap has reached the minimal viable number of PMC members with
only three of them remaining, after two PMC members, including the
current PMC chair, resigned this week based on seemingly unresolvable
difficulties between them and another PMC member [1] [2].

A resolution to establish a new chair is provided along with this report.

With this and very low activity in the project it looks like the Attic
might be the next step.

However, the PMC would like to give it some time before making a final
decision, in case something positive happens in the next few months.

The PMC will observe the project's activity and health for the next
three months and review the possible move to the Attic before our next
report is due for the board's November meeting based on what happens
until then.

[1] http://s.apache.org/RGQ
[2] http://s.apache.org/7OW

*** report draft ***

-Bertrand

Re: DeviceMap board report draft

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Here's my suggested report draft, on-topic comments are welcome:..

The good thing with a 3-man PMC is that getting feedback from
everybody is quick ;-)

I don't see any requests in this thread to change something to my
draft so I'll add it to the board agenda as is.

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Werner, what does any of the 5 paragraphs you've just written have to do
with the board report?

When writing an email I kindly ask you to carefully read the subject and
the contents of the message and reply within the same thread if and only if
what you want to say is on the same topic. Otherwise you're just creating
noise, making the thread hard to follow.

For ideas not related to the subject of a thread please create a new thread
and stop hijacking conversations.

Cheers,
Radu

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.