Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Andres Martinez Quijano <tu...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/08 16:18:46 UTC

server freezing

Hi

I have a game server built using MINA, the server is hosted on a
machine that is also a web server

The web server is usually under heavy load, but the game server at the
most has 100 connections.

Now sometimes the game server just freezes and doesn't accept
connections anymore. I don't know if this is caused by the web server
being under heavy load or is it a software problem.

I know that I haven't provided almost any data to pinpoint the
problem, but if anyone has had a similar situation, what did you do to
locate the problem? What kind of logging can I do? What tuning to the
game server? Or at least, how can I detect the freezing and somehow
restart it?

Thanks

Re: server freezing

Posted by Andres Martinez Quijano <tu...@gmail.com>.
update: it was a deadlock on my code... my bad!
thank you very much for the tip, with JConsole detecting it was trivial

Re: server freezing

Posted by Andres Martinez Quijano <tu...@gmail.com>.

Re: server freezing

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Just FYI, jstack or jmap can be used without enabling JMX. ;)

Cheers,
Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/
--