Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> on 2012/10/21 04:17:29 UTC

[WWW] Web development in CMS

A few ideas were brought up for custom webapp development. The option of
doing this within the current framework was brought up. I wonder how
easy/hard is to write a CRUD application using what we already have in the
OO server.

Regards.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice

Re: [WWW] Web development in CMS

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On 10/21/12, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Alexandro,
>
> Would you be specific about the webapps that are being discussed? What is
> the purpose?
>
> At least point at the threads involved.

There still a lot of infrastructure needed/demanded by the many
project. Applications that will manage the test cases, glossaries,
quality assurance, art, etc.

> Concrete examples can be discussed while abstract ones are not going to
> change policies.
>
> Recall that AOO already makes use of several specific webapps - Bugzilla,
> MediaWiki, Forums, Pootle, etc. The extensions and template sites are hosted
> by SourceForge. There is also a codesnippets site hosted by a third party.

Adopting new applications is one way of doing it, but then you have to
manage multiple credentials for each new webapp. Having these being
developed as part of the same framework allow at least some cross
compatibility between the webapps. ATM we are looking for simple CRUD
functionality so I will assume the CMS framework (does it has a name?)
will support basic things like this.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Alexandro,

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.