Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Graeme Fowler <gr...@graemef.net> on 2008/03/19 11:47:52 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] How to set openssl library path during Apache build (on Redhat)?

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 02:22 -0400, ohaya@cox.net wrote:
> I can get around this by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /apps/openssl/lib before running apachectl, but this is a bit annoying, so I was wondering if there's a command line parameter that I can set when I do the Apache configure so that the built binaries can be run without setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

cat <<EOF > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/openssl.conf
# Path to OpenSSL lib dir
/apps/openssl/lib
EOF

/sbin/ldconfig

Off you go! You may need to do this for anything else you localise this
way - if the libs are not in a "standard" path
(/lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib) then you need an app-specific override
for them by either using the trick above or setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The
two are synonymous, but the file-based way is more portable.

Graeme

Re: [users@httpd] How to set openssl library path during Apache build (on Redhat)?

Posted by oh...@cox.net.
Graeme,

THANKS!

It looks like the /etc/ld.conf.d/openssl.conf was already created, so it works after I did just the /sbin/ldconfig.

Jim