Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com> on 2002/05/09 01:59:31 UTC

How to get number of indexed documents non-programatically?

I was just wondering if there's a way to get the number of documents
indexed in a lucene index without running any java code? For example, is
there some human-readable information that can be found in the index
files?

thanks,
rob

http://www.robdecker.com/
http://www.planetside.com/

Re: How to get number of indexed documents non-programatically?

Posted by "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com>.
I've been looking around in the files but don't see anything obvious. It's
really no big deal - I was doing a big index of a couple thousand
documents and wanted to see how far I was, but didn't put anything in my
code to give me that sort of information.

It was running remotely on a unix box, so I was hoping I could find
something in the index files.

I'll eventually just add something to my code to give me an update as it

thanks,
rob

http://www.robdecker.com/
http://www.planetside.com/