Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/26 16:16:35 UTC

Solaris zone for Jackrabbit

Hi,

I'm planning to request a Solaris zone [1] for the Jackrabbit project.
The main uses of the zone would be:

   * Building nightly Jackrabbit development snapshots
   * Running nightly unit and integration tests
   * Generating and hosting various Maven reports

I volunteer to be the root user, and any Jackrabbit committer can have
an account on the zone.

If or when we get the zone, I plan to setup a Subversion folder at
.../asf/jackrabbit/zone for maintaining any scripts and configuration
files related to the above tasks.

Comments and ideas are welcome. I'll proceed to request the zone in a
few days.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Solaris zone for Jackrabbit

Posted by Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com>.
Hi,

Cool. This is a great idea.

For the nightlies (and tests) I suggest you setup an automatic build
tools such as Continuum.

Regards
Felix