Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com> on 2016/03/16 23:58:15 UTC

Planning Trafodion 2.0 Release

Trafodion Developers,

There are now just four open Jiras on my list (below) that are slated for
2.0 release content.

I’m optimistically hoping those will all be complete in the next week or
possibly two.

If there is anything else that definitely needs to be in before we start a
side branch and

the release end-game, please speak up now.

--Steve

Open Jiras planned for 2.0:

TRAFODION-1484   Describe a way to run Trafodion with Apache HBase, without
a distro

TRAFODION-1706   trafodion is not compatible with hbase 1.0 and later
version

TRAFODION-1786   Update T4 driver code to support TYPE_SCROLL requests

TRAFODION-1816   Create license file binary distribution

RE: Planning Trafodion 2.0 Release

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
Trafodion Developers,

The update to newer HBase (1706) is in, and we are getting closer to
starting a release branch for the 2.0 end-game work. Until that point, it
might be good idea to get in any critical/stability fixes, but hold off on
any big changes not planned for 2.0 that might add risk to 2.0 code.

We’re getting close!

--Steve