Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jeromio <to...@jeromio.com> on 2001/07/11 21:40:32 UTC

JVM coredump when accessing admin page

I had an unrelated networking issue that caused me to
have to reboot my (RH6.2 Linux) server this AM - but
that's the only thing that's changed since yesterday.

Yesterday, I couldn't get the admin page to accept my
"admin" username and password. Today, it took them (no
change to the tomcat-user file), but gave me a 500
with a friendly "Must make the admin context
trusted" msg on the page. So, I edited server.xml,
changed trusted=false to true in the admin
context. Tried the page again, same result, so I
shutdown tomcat and then started it again.

Then I refreshed the page and got a huge core dump of
the JVM. I put it at
http://jeromio.com/tomcat/coredumponadmin.txt if
anyone is interested in the details.

I started tomcat again (waited a few minutes to make
sure everything was up) and then hit the admin page
again and got the exact same results.

I am running java 1.2.2 installed from an RPM.