Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tilden Doran D <ti...@ericsson.com> on 2014/01/20 08:17:02 UTC

[users@httpd] HELP required in Configuring FTP LB in Apache 2.4

Hi All,

I required help to configure FTP Load balancer in Apache Server 2.4 .
I have downloaded Apache server 2.4 , APR , APR-util and PCRE and build it and also configured as my HTTP load balancer. Now I want to configure the same as my FTP load balancer as well,
Can you all please help me with the necessary steps or any link which explains the same.

Note: My incoming FTP request will come in FTP protocol only.  We cannot configure FTP -over HTTP in our application'

Thanks!
Tilden

Re: [users@httpd] HELP required in Configuring FTP LB in Apache 2.4

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 2:17 AM, Tilden Doran D <tilden.doran.d@ericsson.com
> wrote:

>   Hi All,
>

> I required help to configure FTP Load balancer in Apache Server 2.4 .
>
>  I have downloaded Apache server 2.4 , APR , APR-util and PCRE and build
> it and also configured as my HTTP load balancer. Now I want to configure
> the same as my FTP load balancer as well,
>
> Can you all please help me with the necessary steps or any link which
> explains the same.
>

> Note: My incoming FTP request will come in FTP protocol only.  We cannot
> configure FTP –over HTTP in our application’

Apache httpd doesn't bundle an ftp listener (i.e., something to communicate
with clients over ftp).

Here's a separate project that provides that:
http://httpd.apache.org/mod_ftp/

* status is stuck in beta for a long time, not recommended for production
* not known if it works with httpd 2.4
* could potentially be used to load balance via reverse proxy to backend
http or ftp servers, but I can't confirm for certain

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/