Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by John Coleman <jo...@ntlworld.com> on 2006/01/31 00:23:26 UTC

property not wired

why is my eventBroker property not set, despite being explicitly declared?

TIA
John

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<module id="mainmodule" version="0.1.0">

  <service-point id="Broker" interface="EventBroker">
      <create-instance class="EventBrokerImpl"/>
  </service-point>

  <service-point id="Connection" interface="Connection">
    <invoke-factory>
      <construct class="Connection"/>
        <set-service property="eventBroker" service-id="Broker"/>
    </invoke-factory>
  </service-point>

  <service-point id="VTMain" interface="VTMain">
    <invoke-factory>
      <construct class="VTMain"/>
    </invoke-factory>
  </service-point>

</module>

Re: property not wired

Posted by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com>.
Hm, I remember some situations where I had similar problems. As far as
I remember there could be an issue in constructing an class instance
not on a service but explicitly on a class, as you do in the provided
example (Connection).

Could you - just to check that - define a connection interface and use
that to construct your connection instance against? Does autowiring
work then?

Stefan

Re: property not wired

Posted by John Coleman <jo...@ntlworld.com>.

Re: property not wired

Posted by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com>.
Hi John,

Re: property not wired

Posted by John Coleman <jo...@ntlworld.com>.
If I take the set-property out, still nothing happens. That's how the example started. I just wonder why HM ignores what I put.

John

RE: property not wired

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Have you tried using autowiring?