Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jerome Thibaud <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/25 18:32:05 UTC

Snapshot download frequency "always" is too much

Hi all,

In maven 2.0.4, using the "always" snapshot update policy resulted in
checking always and downloading if more recent.
In maven 2.0.5 and later it results in the jars (and poms) always being
downloaded.

Am I missing something or is there a regression here ?

I got big jars amongst my dependencies and downloading them each time I do a
build is not an option.
The "check every X minute" is no good because the update frequency is
sub-day and really random.
I might want to benefit from the modification made 5 minutes ago, but there
might also be hours or days
between two modifications of a snapshot and I don't want to keep downloading
the same jars.

The 2.0.4 behavior was ideal, Is there any workaround, a new option?

Thanks in advance for your help

Jerome Thibaud