Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/04 14:47:43 UTC

[Axis2] Custom MEP problems

Hi Devs

When I was experimenting custom MEP support I realized that we have
problem with the way we handle creating of AxisOperation. At the moment
we have hard coded all the supported MEP in the AxisOperationFactory and
create the correct AxisOperation when we pass the MEP label. However the
limitation with this is when we are going to implement a custom MEP like
in-in-out. So to solve the problem there should be a way to configure
AxisOperationFactory , meaning rather then hard coding all the supported
MEP we need to have a way to provide them or the custom MEP using axis2.xml.

So in the axis2.xml we can add new MEP and the corresponding
AxisOperation. I hope we can use something like following structure for
that.
<mep name=”in-in-out” class=”org.apacge.axis2.mep.InInOutAxisOperation”/>

Comments ..... ?

Thank you!
Deepal

Re: [Axis2] Custom MEP problems

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
> Interesting.... I think you'll run into more problems, but goog luck to you!

hehe    ;-)
> Given our existing axis2.xml, your suggestion sounds reasonable. I
> assume that the existing MEPs wouldn't need to be specified in the
> axis2.xml, but may be overridden by it?

Yes we do not need to specify the existing MEPs , only the new MEPs we
are going to implement.

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
Interesting.... I think you'll run into more problems, but goog luck to you!
Given our existing axis2.xml, your suggestion sounds reasonable. I
assume that the existing MEPs wouldn't need to be specified in the
axis2.xml, but may be overridden by it?
David