Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David B Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu> on 2005/07/26 19:13:04 UTC

New open http redirector?

Got a spam that contains what appears to be an open http
redirector that is new to me:
http://adserver.adtech.de/?adlink|2.0|340|436977|1|16|AdId=323398;BnId=1;link=target.com
(where 'target.com' is the spammer site).
Anybody know anything about this?

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Re: New open http redirector?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> http://adserver.adtech.de/?adlink|2.0|340|436977|1|16|AdId=323398;BnId=1;link=target.com
>>
>> (where 'target.com' is the spammer site).
>> Anybody know anything about this?
>

> I mailed their abuse dept but it seems they dont care. They are abuse by
> spammers by running a open redirector.
>
> This is going on a short week now and sinc then we have spotted a
> gazillion of them.
>
> Its the same guys that also abused the zdnet.com, internet.com and
> nate.com redirs (remember those?)
>
> I throw them out:
>
> uri PROLO_REDIR_ADTECH_CHECK1 /^http:\/\/adserver\.adtech\.de\//
> score PROLO_REDIR_ADTECH_CHECK1  8.0
> describe PROLO_REDIR_ADTECH_CHECK1 PROLO_REDIR-ADTECH CHECK, Body

Note that the adforce.adtech.de also works (it's the A record for the
adserver CNAME).

SA 3.1 users can use the following redirector pattern (all on one line)
to determine the target domain:

redirector_pattern
/^http:\/\/(?:.*\.)?adtech\.de\/.*(?:;|\|)link=(.*?)(?:;|$)/i

Daryl

RE: New open http redirector?

Posted by Herb Martin <He...@learnquick.com>.
> From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn [mailto:raymond@prolocation.net]
> >
> http://adserver.adtech.de/?adlink|2.0|340|436977|1|16|AdId=323398;BnId
> > =1;link=target.com (where 'target.com' is the spammer site).
> > Anybody know anything about this?
>
> I mailed their abuse dept but it seems they dont care. They
> are abuse by spammers by running a open redirector.
>
> This is going on a short week now and sinc then we have
> spotted a gazillion of them.

Is there a list somewhere?  Better a file of them for
SpamAssassin?

Grep'ing my rules shows that 72_sare_redirect_post3.0.0.cf
has a few for MSN, Yahoo, Google (and double Google) but
there aren't that many and yours was (I believe) one without
a rule.  THANKS!

> Its the same guys that also abused the zdnet.com,
> internet.com and nate.com redirs (remember those?)
>
> I throw them out:
>
> uri PROLO_REDIR_ADTECH_CHECK1 /^http:\/\/adserver\.adtech\.de\//
> score PROLO_REDIR_ADTECH_CHECK1  8.0
> describe PROLO_REDIR_ADTECH_CHECK1 PROLO_REDIR-ADTECH CHECK, Body

I suggest a case-insensitive /i switch on the regex.

Checking https:// , this site does not seem to support
ssl (but that might not be true for all such relays.)

--
Herb Martin

Re: New open http redirector?

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Hi!

> http://adserver.adtech.de/?adlink|2.0|340|436977|1|16|AdId=323398;BnId=1;link=target.com
> (where 'target.com' is the spammer site).
> Anybody know anything about this?

I mailed their abuse dept but it seems they dont care. They are abuse by
spammers by running a open redirector.

This is going on a short week now and sinc then we have spotted a
gazillion of them.

Its the same guys that also abused the zdnet.com, internet.com and
nate.com redirs (remember those?)

I throw them out:

uri PROLO_REDIR_ADTECH_CHECK1 /^http:\/\/adserver\.adtech\.de\//
score PROLO_REDIR_ADTECH_CHECK1  8.0
describe PROLO_REDIR_ADTECH_CHECK1 PROLO_REDIR-ADTECH CHECK, Body

Bye,
Raymond.

Re: New open http redirector?

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Kai Schaetzl wrote on Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:31:23 +0200:

> It does. I sent a mail to them in German now. Let's see.

Got a reply that they know about the problem and are working on a
solution. Just their words ;-)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: New open http redirector?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Kai Schaetzl" <ma...@conactive.com>

> Duncan Hill wrote on Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:00:53 +0100:
>
> > I know I've reported ~20 into Spamcop, and Spamcop has indicated 'sent
mail to
> > contact@adtech.de'.  Haven't actually tested it recently to see if it
still
> > works.
>
> It does. I sent a mail to them in German now. Let's see.
>
> Kai

<snicker> Remind them of what Russians do about egregious spammers.

{^_-}

Re: New open http redirector?

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.

Re: New open http redirector?