Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Francois Beausoleil <fb...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2003/08/13 16:52:34 UTC

Problem starting up Apache on Win32 with mod_dav_svn loaded, but not from command line

Hi !

I just finished installing Subversion and Apache again.  I downloaded
Apache 2.0.47 and SVN 0.26.0.  I setup Apache and made sure I could
browse the server's manual.  Then, I copied the *.so files from SVN's
folder to the modules/ folder in Apache.  Then, I setup my httpd.conf
file to properly load the modules.

Here are the relevant parts of my httpd.conf:
LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule dav_svn_module      modules/mod_dav_svn.so
#LoadModule authz_svn_module    modules/mod_authz_svn.so
<Location /repos>
	DAV svn
	SVNPath "J:/svn/repos"

	AuthType Basic
	AuthName "Subversion repository"
	AuthUserFile J:/security/svn.passwd

#       AuthzSVNAccessFile J:/security/svn.authz

	Require valid-user
</Location>

If I leave everything like that and I try to start the server through the
Apache Monitor (as a service), the Monitor reports an error while
starting the service, and Apache does not start.  When I check my Windows
Event Log, I find these message:
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Syntax error on line 908 of G:/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:     .

then,
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Cannot load G:/Apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server: Le module spécifié est introuvable.     .

Line 908 is the line where I load the mod_dav_svn module.

If I go to the command line, and CD into the bin/ folder, then execute
the Apache executable, it starts up fine and I browse the repository and
use the SVN command-line client to ls the repository.

Anybody can help me with that ?  I set the LogLevel to debug so I could
see what is wrong, but to no avail.  No more information is available in
the Apache error log.

Previously, I had Apache working using 0.25.0 on my Win XP machine with
Apache 2.0.47, but I had to reinstall due to a HD crash.  I now have
Win2K SP4.

Thanks for any help or pointers...

Bye !
François
Developer of Java Gui Builder
http://jgb.sourceforge.net/

Re: Problem starting up Apache on Win32 with mod_dav_svn loaded, but not from command line

Posted by Francois Beausoleil <fb...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Sorry about that.  I rebooted, and the service was started properly.  I
updated my config to put everything in (including mod_authz), and
everything works now.

Sorry again,
François Beausoleil

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Wednesday 13 August 2003 19.02, Francois Beausoleil wrote:
> Sorry about that.  I rebooted, and the service was started properly.
> I updated my config to put everything in (including mod_authz), and
> everything works now.

I'm glad that you fixed it. Just for the record: -Which Windows version
is it, is 2000?

Jostein

--

Jostein Chr. Andersen <jo...@josander.net> http://www.josander.net/