Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Anthony Moloney <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/27 21:25:25 UTC

Question on caching in ASP.NET

I am looking at using Ibatis with an ASP.NET project. I have been able to
answer most of my questions by reading the Datamapper documentation , by
checking the Ibatis project out of subversion and looking at the datamapper
unit tests or searching the mailing lists.
My one big doubt is how caching works with Ibatis in an ASP.NET project.

Normally I would cache an object using something like this
HttpContext.Current.Cache.Insert(key, object, null,
DateTime.Now.AddSeconds(600),
TimeSpan.Zero);

I can then lookup this cache entry in any other ASP.NET session on the
server while it remains cached by using
object o = HttpContext.Current.Cache[key];

My question is if I setup caching in an sqlmap file is it available to all
ASP.NET sessions on the server or is caching done on a session by session
basis. The logging tests that I ran have been inconclusive and I was hoping
that someone could share their experiences on how they implement efficient
caching with Ibatis and ASP.NET.

Thanks in advance

Tony

QueryForList

Posted by Eka Gautama <ek...@seatech.com>.
Dear all,

Does DataMapper 1.3.0 supports QueryForList with 4 parameters (skipResult and maxRecords)? How to use this command in terms of SQL Statement?

Regards

Eka