Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Javaref Scribe <sc...@javaref.com> on 2006/06/28 17:32:08 UTC

ANN: Apache Harmony featured on javaref.com where AJAX meets javadocs

Hello everyone,
    Javaref.com is where ajax meets javadocs. The site provides multi-API
javadocs which are cross-referenced with a UI that is ajax driven (enabling
featuers such as class/package/method search with auto-complete)! And since
the Sun JDK is copyrighted, Apache Harmony takes center stage as the JDK
library. I've loaded the class library from the SVN repository as of Jun 27,
10 pm. I'll continue to update the javadocs for it every 2 weeks or so. In
the mean time, I hope this will bring Harmony a lot more attention and
visibility and also encourage us users to contribute to the documentation!

Thanks!
Javaref ...

Re: ANN: Apache Harmony featured on javaref.com where AJAX meets javadocs

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> Great!
>
> But small review shown that there is a lot of not commented classes
> and methods in Harmony class library.
>
> That's another task to do...

eh.  I still think that the right thing to do is point people to the RI
javadoc for the API classes rather than attempt to re-write them, and
just note interesting facts/issues/cautions/whatever about our
implementation.

geir

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Great!

But small review shown that there is a lot of not commented classes
and methods in Harmony class library.

That's another task to do...

SY, Alexey

2006/6/28, Javaref Scribe <sc...@javaref.com>:
> Hello everyone,
>     Javaref.com is where ajax meets javadocs. The site provides multi-API
> javadocs which are cross-referenced with a UI that is ajax driven (enabling
> featuers such as class/package/method search with auto-complete)! And since
> the Sun JDK is copyrighted, Apache Harmony takes center stage as the JDK
> library. I've loaded the class library from the SVN repository as of Jun 27,
> 10 pm. I'll continue to update the javadocs for it every 2 weeks or so. In
> the mean time, I hope this will bring Harmony a lot more attention and
> visibility and also encourage us users to contribute to the documentation!
>
> Thanks!
> Javaref ...

Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: ANN: Apache Harmony featured on javaref.com where AJAX meets javadocs

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Could you please not describe us as "compatible" since we aren't?

Note that we are not compatible, and currently in progress or something
like that?

geir