Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Elena <el...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/18 05:15:19 UTC

Problem with Portlet Configuration in jetspeed-1.4b1

HI  every one,

Can anyone please tell me how do I configure portlet in jetspeed-1.4b1.

Earlier I was using jetspeed-1.3a1 and  I dint have  any problem while setting

my  portlets .

Here in jetspeed-1.4b1 , I could configure HTML portlets and could view it , but I am not abled to

view my portlets written in java and it shows "Sorry, you have no permission to see this portlet".

1. PLS TELL where exactly jetspeed-1.4b1 differs from jetspeed-1.3a1 in setting a portlet.

2.  where I should set my portlet id ??

3. How can I locate a portlet in a position where I want in the browser ?

You help will be appreciated .

Thanks always
Elena

RE: Problem with Portlet Configuration in jetspeed-1.4b1

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Thursday, October 17, 2002 8:20 PM, Elena [mailto:elena_ratimes@hotmail.com]
wrote:
> Can anyone please tell me how do I configure portlet in jetspeed-1.4b1.

Its almost the exact same as 1.3a1, except the customizer now configures
security constraints.

> Though I could configure the the portlets by writing my own *.xreg and
> configuring in default.psml
> I amnot abled to view my my java portlets which shows "Sorry, you have no
> permission to see this portlet".

Look at your xreg file. See if you have a security constraint on the
portlet.
Also look at the psml file and see if you have added security to the
portlet.
It will look something like this:

    <portlet-entry name="Applications" hidden="true" type="instance"
application="false">
        <security-ref parent="user-only"/>

or for psml:

<portlets id="100">
    <security-ref parent="admin-only"/>

Also check the JetspeedSecurity.properties for default permission settings:

# Default permission(s) when object have no permissions defined
# The follow permissions are define in the default Jetspeed installation:
#     view, customize, minimize, maximize, close
#     * = All permissions
services.JetspeedSecurity.permission.default.anonymous=view
services.JetspeedSecurity.permission.default.loggedin=*

Re: Problem with Portlet Configuration in jetspeed-1.4b1