Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Jones <dj...@ena.com> on 2016/06/03 16:39:57 UTC

OT - RBLs and postwhite

This is a little off topic to SA but a good RBL setup is crucial
to making SA successful.  For those using Postfix, check
the list archives for postscreen settings to use weighted
RBLs which allows using of somewhat unreliable RBLs
in combination with reliable ones which works very well
to block ~98 of the junk using very light weight DNS
checks.

Then you can allow whitelisting of trusted senders based
on their SPF record which allows you to crank up the RBLs
and their weights a little more aggressively in postscreen.

https://github.com/stevejenkins/postwhite

I have had to add comcast.net and other major ISPs
that don't take care of their own outbound mail filtering
which puts them on RBLs that I use in postscreen.  These
large ISPs can't be blocked without major collateral
damage so I have to let these be handed by SA.

Latest example is radware.com and 47.19.108.100
which has been up to some mischief the past 2 weeks
so my senderscore.org score check blocked it in postscreen.

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/47.19.108.100.html
https://senderscore.org/lookup.php?lookup=47.19.108.100

Dave