Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Timothy Larson <Td...@ci.canton.oh.us> on 2002/09/12 17:42:36 UTC

embedding xsp in an xml document

I'm trying to embed xsp in an xml document.
A stylesheet extracts it so I can use it in a pipeline like this:

<map:match pattern="somepage.xsp">
  <map:generate src="somepage.xmap"/>
  <map:transform src="get.xsl">
    <map:parameter name="section" value="xsp-section"/>
  </map:transform>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="somepage.xml">
  <map:generate src="cocoon:/somepage.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

Trouble is, when I make changes in the xsp code
I have to save and refresh a random number of times
to get the output to update with the changes.

How can I get it to update on the first reload?

Tim Larson

Re: embedding xsp in an xml document

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Timothy Larson wrote:

>I'm trying to embed xsp in an xml document.
>A stylesheet extracts it so I can use it in a pipeline like this:
>
><map:match pattern="somepage.xsp">
>  <map:generate src="somepage.xmap"/>
>  <map:transform src="get.xsl">
>    <map:parameter name="section" value="xsp-section"/>
>  </map:transform>
>  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
></map:match>
>
><map:match pattern="somepage.xml">
>  <map:generate src="cocoon:/somepage.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
>  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
></map:match>
>
>Trouble is, when I make changes in the xsp code
>I have to save and refresh a random number of times
>to get the output to update with the changes.
>
>How can I get it to update on the first reload?

I forgot to tell what's your Cocoon version. In any case, grab and try
latest cocoon 2.0.3 branch from the CVS, it should work.

Vadim