Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Redo Cano, Xavier" <xr...@gencat.cat> on 2010/09/15 13:05:00 UTC

Javascript files not loading in IE6

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Javascript and IE6 and I would like some
advice to be able to find what is happening. The problem is that when
i'm trying to use Ajax or some component that needs javascript (for
example: Date Picker) in Wicket, IE can't retrieve the needed javascript
files from the server. Or at least, it can't render them. I have no
problems with Firefox, Chrome, or IE7-8.

For example, i'm rendering this piece of HTML markup:

---------------------------------

<script type="text/javascript"
src="resources/org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.YuiLib/yuiloader.js
<view-source:http://localhost:7001/plash/AppJava/resources/org.apache.wi
cket.extensions.yui.YuiLib/yuiloader.js> "></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="resources/org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WicketEventReference/wicket
-event.js
<view-source:http://localhost:7001/plash/AppJava/resources/org.apache.wi
cket.markup.html.WicketEventReference/wicket-event.js> "></script>
<script type="text/javascript" >
<!--/*--><![CDATA[/*><!--*/
Wicket.Event.add(window, "domready", function(event) { .....

---------------------

When IE6 reach the line Wicket.Event.add(window, "domready",
function(event) a message error pops up saying that the javascript
Wicket object is undefined. Debugging the application and the client
requests and responses I've found that the wicket app is serving the
needed javascript files and IE is downloading them, but for any reason
if I try to do a client-side debug, IE is not reading the Javascript
file it has downloaded.

Further testing has revealed that if the javascript files are retrieved
from the IE cache instead from the server, IE6 has no problem to render
the page correctly.

Moreover, any other resource I'm serving with wicket (static javascript
files, images, etc) are being rendered correctly with IE6.

I'm sure that this is happening due to a bad configuration of my wicket
app, because the Ajax examples from wicket-stuff work are working
correctly with IE6 for me but I've checked the source code and I'm not
able to find the reason why my application is not working properly.

I'm not looking for a specific solution (because the problem is so
generic that it's difficult to know what's not working) but I would like
to have some guidelines to know what could be the cause of the problem.
By the way, I'm using Wicket version 1.4.11.

Many thanks in advance,

Xavi

Re: Javascript files not loading in IE6

Posted by Antoine Aumjaud <to...@laposte.net>.
I have the same issue with version 1.4.17 on IE6.
Have you find the problem ?
(I have rollbacked to version 1.4.7 and it works fine.)

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by ccrabb <CC...@IQNavigator.com>.
Xavier,

Did you ever come to a resolution of this issue?  I am running into similar
issues when using Wicket 1.4.13 and IE6.  When rendering a Wicket page in
IE6, I get javacript errors where a number of methods/objects defined in
wicket-ajax.js cannot be found even though that file has been included.  The
issue does not appear when using IE7, IE8, Firefox, or Safari.

When reverting to Wicket 1.4.7, the issues go away.

Thanks for any new information you might have,

Curtis

RE: Javascript files not loading in IE6

Posted by "Redo Cano, Xavier" <xr...@gencat.cat>.
I've tried this and it didn't work. Also, I can't find anybody with the same problem that I'm facing. The reason why isn't working is not clear. It has to be something related with the way wicket is serving js files in my application and IE6.

Could anyone shed some light on it? I'm completely lost.

Thanks,

Xavier

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@libero.it>.

Posted by "Redo Cano, Xavier" <xr...@gencat.cat>.
Thank you for your response Andrea. I've just tried the 1.4.12 build and it didn't solve the problem. I don't think it's a bug as long as in the wicket examples page this functionality is working fine with IE6.

Ciao!

Enviat: miƩrcoles, 15 de septiembre de 2010 14:22
Per a: users@wicket.apache.org
Tema: Re: Javascript files not loading in IE6

Redo Cano, Xavier <xredo <at> gencat.cat> writes:

> I'm sure that this is happening due to a bad configuration of my wicket
> app, because the Ajax examples from wicket-stuff work are working
> correctly with IE6 for me but I've checked the source code and I'm not
> able to find the reason why my application is not working properly.
>
> I'm not looking for a specific solution (because the problem is so
> generic that it's difficult to know what's not working) but I would like
> to have some guidelines to know what could be the cause of the problem.
> By the way, I'm using Wicket version 1.4.11.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Xavi

Hi,

your problem could be related to a bug with Ajax support in Wicket 1.4.11. Could
you try to replace Wicket 1.4.11 with 1.4.12 ?
Wicket 1.4.12 has not been released officially yet but you can find it here:
http://people.apache.org/~ivaynberg/wicket-1.4.12/dist/

Bye.

Re: Javascript files not loading in IE6

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@libero.it>.