Posted to user@aries.apache.org by rolf <ro...@august.de> on 2013/11/05 12:45:41 UTC

Aries installation requires Java 1.5?

The installation procedure
http://aries.apache.org/development/buildingaries.html does not list a
Prereqs for a specific Java version or vendor. I do appriciate that.

However, wenn I follow the instructions I got errors indication that
-source=1.5 is required. See http://paste.debian.net/64050/.

As I do not think to be the first to install Aries, where is my mistake?

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen, kind regards

Rolf Schumacher

Re: Aries installation requires Java 1.5?

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Rolf,

In Java 7 the way in which javac reports warnings changed. This broke projects using older versions of the maven compiler plugin (like Aries). The "errors" are actually warnings, and go away when using a newer maven compiler plugin. There's not much we can do about existing released versions I'm afraid.

Regards,

Tim