Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by HrochL <Pe...@seznam.cz> on 2013/10/03 13:00:01 UTC

Qpid Messaging API and topics

Hi,
I would like to use the Qpid Messaging API to send messages into ActiveMQ
from my C++ program. I have a little problem with sending messages into
topics. Address is always regarded as the address of the queue. I read  here
<http://activemq.apache.org/amqp.html>   that it is necessary to use prefix
"topic://". But when I do it, the message is delivered to the queue named
"topic:" and rest of the address is used as subject of the message.
What am I doing wrong?
Petr

Re: Qpid Messaging API and topics

Posted by NimbusParc <ni...@yahoo.in>.
Gordon Sim wrote
> On 10/03/2013 12:00 PM, HrochL wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would like to use the Qpid Messaging API to send messages into ActiveMQ
>> from my C++ program. I have a little problem with sending messages into
>> topics. Address is always regarded as the address of the queue. I read
>> here
>> &lt;http://activemq.apache.org/amqp.html&gt;   that it is necessary to
>> use prefix
>> "topic://". But when I do it, the message is delivered to the queue named
>> "topic:" and rest of the address is used as subject of the message.
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Short answer: you need to put quotes around the url. E.g.
>
>    session.createReceiver("'topic://my-topic-name'");
>
> (note the single quotes inside the string literal).
>
> The reason for this is that the qpid messaging API assumes addresses in
> the form
> <node-name>
> /
> <subject>
> , so without quoting it takes the portion
> up to the first '/' as the node name, and everything thereafter as the
> subject.

> For additional commands, e-mail:

> users-help@.apache

+1