Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org> on 2019/09/11 07:26:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.1 - RC0

Hi folks,

I have put together a release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 3.2.1.

The RC is available at:
http://home.apache.org/~rohithsharmaks/hadoop-3.2.1-RC0/

The RC tag in git is release-3.2.1-RC0:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/release-3.2.1-RC0

The maven artifacts are staged at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1226/

You can find my public key at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS

This vote will run for 7 days(5 weekdays), ending on 18th Sept at 11:59 pm
PST.

I have done testing with a pseudo cluster and distributed shell job. My +1
to start.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.1 - RC0

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <dc...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

- built from the source on centos7
- verified signatures & sha512 checksums
- verified basic HDFS operations with CLI

As Steve already mentioned, we must mention about Guava.

Thanks for organizing the release Rohit.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Posted by Prabhu Joseph <pr...@gmail.com>.
Have setup Hadoop-3.2.1 Cluster with ATSV2 and Hbase-2.0.6. Have verified
ATSV2 setup and REST Api as per below doc and it works as expected.

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/TimelineServiceV2.html

+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <dc...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <dc...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Thanks Rohith the work with the release.

  * built from the source (archlinux)
  * verified signatures
  * verified sha512 checksums
  * started a docker-based pseudo cluster
  * tested basic HDFS operations with CLI
  * Checked if the sources are uploaded to the maven staging repo

Note 1: I haven't seen the ./patchprocess/gpgagent.conf file in earlier
releases and It seems to be included. But I don't think it's a blocker.

Note 2: *.sha512 files can be improved before uploading with removing
the absolute path (to make it easier to check with sha512sum -c).

Marton

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ab...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ab...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ab...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ab...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by zhankun tang <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by zhankun tang <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by zhankun tang <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by zhankun tang <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anil Sadineni <as...@optlin.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Anil Sadineni <as...@optlin.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Anil Sadineni <as...@optlin.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Santosh Marella <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.
Thanks all who helped to verify and vote 3.2.1 release! I am concluding the
vote for 3.2.1 RC0.

Summary of votes for hadoop-3.2.1-RC0:

7 binding +1s, from:
--------------------------
Sunil Govindan, Brahma Reddy Battula, Steve Loughran, Elek, Marton, Weiwei
Yang, Naganarasimha Garla, Rohith Sharma K S

10 non-binding +1s, from:
-------------------------------
runlin zhang, Thomas Marquardt, Santosh Marella, Anil Sadineni, Jeffrey
Rodriguez, zhankun tang, Ayush Saxena, Dinesh Chitlangia, Prabhu Josep,
Abhishek Modi

1 non-binding with +0s from:
-------------------------------------
Masatake Iwasaki

and *no -1s*.

So I am glad to announce that the vote for 3.2.1 RC0 passes.

Thanks everyone listed above who tried the release candidate and vote, and
all who ever help with 3.2.1 release effort in all kinds of ways.

I'll push the release bits and send out an announcement for 3.2.1 soon.

Thanks,
Rohith Sharma K S

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Abhishek Modi <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohith,

Thanks for driving this release.

+1 (binding)

- built from the source on windows machine.
- created a pseudo cluster.
- ran PI job.
- checked basic metrics with ATSv2 enabled.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:30 PM Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Rohith
>
> Thanks for putting this together, appreciate the same.
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> - verified signature
> - brought up a cluster from the tar ball
> - Ran some basic MR jobs
> - RM UI seems fine (old and new)
>

> Thanks
> Sunil
>
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:56 PM Rohith Sharma K S <
> rohithsharmaks@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 3.2.1.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> > http://home.apache.org/~rohithsharmaks/hadoop-3.2.1-RC0/
> >
> > The RC tag in git is release-3.2.1-RC0:
> > https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/release-3.2.1-RC0
> >

> > The maven artifacts are staged at
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1226/
> >
> > You can find my public key at:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS
> >
> > This vote will run for 7 days(5 weekdays), ending on 18th Sept at 11:59
> pm
> > PST.
> >
> > I have done testing with a pseudo cluster and distributed shell job. My
> +1
> > to start.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Rohith Sharma K S

Abhishek Modi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.1 - RC0

Posted by Abhishek Modi <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohith,

Thanks for driving this release.

+1 (binding)

- built from the source on windows machine.
- created a pseudo cluster.
- ran PI job.
- checked basic metrics with ATSv2 enabled.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:30 PM Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Rohith
>
> Thanks for putting this together, appreciate the same.
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> - verified signature
> - brought up a cluster from the tar ball
> - Ran some basic MR jobs
> - RM UI seems fine (old and new)
>

> Thanks
> Sunil
>
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:56 PM Rohith Sharma K S <
> rohithsharmaks@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 3.2.1.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> > http://home.apache.org/~rohithsharmaks/hadoop-3.2.1-RC0/
> >
> > The RC tag in git is release-3.2.1-RC0:
> > https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/release-3.2.1-RC0
> >

> > The maven artifacts are staged at
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1226/
> >
> > You can find my public key at:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS
> >
> > This vote will run for 7 days(5 weekdays), ending on 18th Sept at 11:59
> pm
> > PST.
> >
> > I have done testing with a pseudo cluster and distributed shell job. My
> +1
> > to start.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Rohith Sharma K S

Abhishek Modi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.1 - RC0

Posted by Abhishek Modi <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohith,

Thanks for driving this release.

+1 (binding)

- built from the source on windows machine.
- created a pseudo cluster.
- ran PI job.
- checked basic metrics with ATSv2 enabled.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:30 PM Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Rohith
>
> Thanks for putting this together, appreciate the same.
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> - verified signature
> - brought up a cluster from the tar ball
> - Ran some basic MR jobs
> - RM UI seems fine (old and new)
>

> Thanks
> Sunil
>
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:56 PM Rohith Sharma K S <
> rohithsharmaks@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 3.2.1.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> > http://home.apache.org/~rohithsharmaks/hadoop-3.2.1-RC0/
> >
> > The RC tag in git is release-3.2.1-RC0:
> > https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/release-3.2.1-RC0
> >

> > The maven artifacts are staged at
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1226/
> >
> > You can find my public key at:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS
> >
> > This vote will run for 7 days(5 weekdays), ending on 18th Sept at 11:59
> pm
> > PST.
> >
> > I have done testing with a pseudo cluster and distributed shell job. My
> +1
> > to start.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Rohith Sharma K S

Abhishek Modi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.1 - RC0

Posted by Abhishek Modi <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohith,

Thanks for driving this release.

+1 (binding)

- built from the source on windows machine.
- created a pseudo cluster.
- ran PI job.
- checked basic metrics with ATSv2 enabled.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:30 PM Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Rohith
>
> Thanks for putting this together, appreciate the same.
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> - verified signature
> - brought up a cluster from the tar ball
> - Ran some basic MR jobs
> - RM UI seems fine (old and new)
>

> Thanks
> Sunil
>
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:56 PM Rohith Sharma K S <
> rohithsharmaks@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 3.2.1.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> > http://home.apache.org/~rohithsharmaks/hadoop-3.2.1-RC0/
> >
> > The RC tag in git is release-3.2.1-RC0:
> > https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/release-3.2.1-RC0
> >

> > The maven artifacts are staged at
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1226/
> >
> > You can find my public key at:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS
> >
> > This vote will run for 7 days(5 weekdays), ending on 18th Sept at 11:59
> pm
> > PST.
> >
> > I have done testing with a pseudo cluster and distributed shell job. My
> +1
> > to start.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Rohith Sharma K S

Abhishek Modi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.1 - RC0

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Rohith

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Rohith

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
+0

* built from source taball.
* launched 3-nodes cluster.
* ran some examplr MR jobs.
* ran some CLI file operations.

Same as 3.1.3 RC0, verbose INFO message is emitted on data transfer
operations.::

   $ bin/hadoop fs -put README.txt '/c;d/'
   2019-09-18 17:41:24,977 INFO sasl.SaslDataTransferClient: SASL
encryption trust check: localHostTrusted = false, remoteHostTrusted = false

This was already fixed by HDFS-14759.
It was cherry-picked to branch-3.2 and branch-3.1 yesterday.

While this might not be worth for sinking RC0, I would not like to
give bad impression about quality control of patch release.

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Rohith

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
+0

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
+0

Posted by Thomas Marquardt <tm...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.
I built release-3.2.1-RC0 and verified that the hadoop-azure tests are passing, so WASB and ABFS look great.  +1

Posted by Thomas Marquardt <tm...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Thomas Marquardt <tm...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Thomas Marquardt <tm...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.

Posted by runlin zhang <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Santosh Marella <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
+0

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Santosh Marella <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Rohith

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by runlin zhang <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Santosh Marella <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.
Inline comments

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 11:51, Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Thanks Brahma for voting and bringing this to my attention!
>
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 11:28, Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> RohithThanks for driving the release
>>
>> +1 (Binding).
>>
>> --Built from the source
>> --Installed pseudo cluster
>> --Verified Basic hdfs shell command
>> --Ran Pi jobs
>> --Browsed the UI
>>

>> *Rolling Upgrade:*
>> Following issue could have been merged.With out this, need to disable
>> token till rolling upgrade finalised. (Since one of main rolling upgrade
>> issue already merged (HDFS-13596)).
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-14509
>>
> This issue marked as blocker for 2.10 and still open!. Can anyone HDFS
> folks confirms this whether is is blocker for *hadoop-3.2.1* release?

feedback on this from HDFS folks. Hence I am moving forward with release
3.2.1 activities. I will be closing the voting thread today

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.1 - RC0

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.
Inline comments

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.
Inline comments