Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Danesh Kuruppu <dk...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/22 11:29:58 UTC

Solr upgrade to latest version

Hi all,

I currently working on upgrade sorl 1.4.1 to sorl latest stable release.

What is the latest stable release I can use?
Is there specfic things I need to look at when upgrade.

Need help
Thanks

Danesh

Re: Solr upgrade to latest version

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
4.10.1 out shortly is a good bet.

No idea about the upgrade specifically, but I would probably do some
reading of recent solrconfig.xml to get a hint of new features. Also,
schema.xml has a version number at the top. The default changed which
is controlled by that version number. So, it is something to keep in
mind.

Regards,
   Alex.
Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Did you look at the rest of this thread? There are some comments there.

The CHANGES.txt file will guide you through each intermediate step.

There's nothing going straight from 1.4 to 4.x. You could go from 1.4 -> 3.x
then 3.x->4.x, but frankly I'd just start with a stock 4.x distro and
transfer over
only the things you've changed (like schema definitions, NOT the whole file,
see above) and re-index.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Vivek Misra <ge...@gmail.com>.