Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Zhu, Yao" <Ya...@gs.com> on 2000/10/25 20:02:57 UTC

Can we set command line argument in javac task?

Hi,

Is there command line argument that we can set in javac task, beside the few
defined in javac task's parameters?

For example: javac -J-mx900M -classpath xyz.jar foo.java, which set max heap
size to 900MB.

Thanks.

Yao Zhu

HTML tag in javadoc task attribute

Posted by Nicolas GANDRIAU <ni...@stellarx.com>.
Hi

I am using ant 1.2 on windows NT, jdk 1.3 and I am encountering a little problem
with the javadoc task.
If I decide to add some HTML tag to the "doctitle" or "header" attributes, ant
complains that I cannot use
`<` char in attribute value but instead "&lt;"
It is not a very big problem, but the ant documentation gives the following
example

<javadoc packagenames="com.dummy.test.*"
           sourcepath="src"
           destdir="docs/api"
           author="true"
           version="true"
           use="true"
           windowtitle="Test API"
           doctitle="<h1>Test</h1>"
           bottom="<i>Copyright &#169; 2000 Dummy Corp. All Rights
Reserved.</i>">
    <group title="Group 1 Packages" packages="com.dummy.test.a*"/>
    <group title="Group 2 Packages" packages="com.dummy.test.b*"/>
    <link offline="true" href="http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/api/"
packagelistLoc="C:\tmp"/>
    <link
href="http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/products/xml/docs/api/"/>
  </javadoc>

And it is exaclty what I want to do.
Have I missed something?

Thank you.

--
Nicolas GANDRIAU
Stellarx Recherche

Re: Can we set command line argument in javac task?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 ZY> Hi, Is there command line argument that we can set in javac task,
 ZY> beside the few defined in javac task's parameters?

No, not in 1.2. It could be extended to allow for additional arguments
though.

Stefan