Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2005/02/27 06:12:20 UTC

Upcoming Gump failure message

There will likely be a forthcoming message indicating that
logging-log4j failed which will have failed 200+ projects due to
dependency.  This was due to an unfortunate removal of jakarta-oro as a
dependency for log4j.  While I was adding Gump projects for the
optional jars needed for Chainsaw, I considered removing some of the
dependencies for log4j.jar which now should now only be dependencies
for  one of the auxiliary jars.  However, I reconsidered and thought
that I had undone that part of the change before committing.
Apparently, I didn't.

Currently, the 'log4j.jar' target builds
o.a.l.lbel.comparator.StringComparator which depends on several ORO
classes.  I have no idea if the class is essential to core log4j
functionality or if it could or should be moved to log4j-oro.jar.