Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@apache.org> on 2005/10/11 01:28:33 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons IO 1.1 released

The Commons IO team is pleased to announce the release of commons-io-1.1.

Commons IO is a library of utility, file filter, endian and stream
classes that aim to make working with IO much more pleasant. Many of
these classes probably should be in the JDK itself.

This release fixes all open bugs, and adds various enhancements, including:
- FilenameUtils - A static utility class for working with filenames
without File objects
- FileSystemUtils - A static utility class that allows you to get the
free space on a drive
- IOUtils/FileUtils - read and write files line by line into a List
- WildcardFilter - A new filter that can match using wildcard file names

This release is binary and source compatible with 1.0 according to our
tests. There are some minor semantic changes caused by bug fixes which
should not affect the vast majority of 1.0 users - please check the
release notes for full details. To simplify the API, there has also been
a deprecation - please check the release notes. We recommend all users
of commons-io-1.0 upgrade to 1.1 to pickup the numerous bugs fixes.

Commons IO Website:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/io/

Release notes:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/io/upgradeto1_1.html