Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrew McCombe <eu...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/27 11:14:23 UTC

Post PDF to solr with asp.net

Hi

We are trying to post some PDF documents to solr for indexing using ASP.net
but cannot find any documentation or a library that will allow posting of
binary data.

Has anyone done this and if so, how?

Regards
Andrew McCombe
iWeb Solutions Ltd.

Re: Post PDF to solr with asp.net

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Andrew McCombe <eu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are trying to post some PDF documents to solr for indexing using ASP.net
> but cannot find any documentation or a library that will allow posting of
> binary data.
[...]

Do not have much idea of ASP.net, but SolrNet
( http://code.google.com/p/solrnet/ ) seems to be
one such library.

Also, one can use Solr's web interface to POST
documents. Please see
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages
and a shell script example included as
example/exampledocs/post.sh in the Solr source code

Regards,
Gora