Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jonas Lundberg <my...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/31 18:13:52 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.8 performance - server configuration and cocoon configuration

I have some performance problems running Cocoon 2.1.8, with the
default build, and eXist added to that. The system is quite fast in my
development environment, but the server I try to deploy it on gets
problems.

That system runs debian sarge, Tomcat 4.1.31-3. Sun java 5, with Heap
555M. We also run two other processes on the Tomcat, but these run
quite all right, unless I also try to run Cocoon. The processor is
quite weak.

Does anyone have suggestions of how to get Cocoon to use less system resources?

Also, I would like to hear about the servers you use to run Cocoon,
because I am also going to order a new server (altough I still want to
run Cocoon on the old server also). What should I get?

Regards
Hans

Re: Cocoon 2.1.8 performance - server configuration and cocoon configuration

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Not without more details. I would suggest you get YourKit or some other
profiler and see what is going on.

Ralph

Posted by Jonas Lundberg <my...@gmail.com>.