Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ionel Gardais <io...@geomath.fr> on 2003/05/22 17:01:04 UTC

NullPointerException using ActionForm

Hi,

I am currently using ActionForm in a bad way.
I am calling the file input.jsp directly which calls the action.do action.

It runs great.

I have tried to use it in a more conventional way that is calling
action.do, expecting to display the input.jsp file and calling back the
action.do

Unfortunatly, when the associated ActionForm is instanciated, it
executes the validate() method and I get a NullPointerException.
All the validations are based upon private variables that are created in
the ActionForm constructor so I don't understans why do I get this
exception.
At least I could excpect the input.jsp file plus the registered
ActionErrors created in the validate() method but a NPE ...

Do you have any tips ?

All tutorials I have been through doen't use the validate methode so
they don't bother.

Thanks,
ionel

--