Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io> on 2019/06/04 19:01:46 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Add hostname-for-clients to ConfigurationProperties

We have "jmx-manager-hostname-for-clients" in the geode properties, we
think it would be a good idea to deprecate that and use
"hostname-for-clients" for the entire server. Currently we already need
this property when launching a locator and start a gateway-receiver, and we
have no way to pre-configure them.

This is first step towards fixing our current problem of cluster
configuration prescribing specific hostname-for-senders for gateway
receivers.

Thoughts/comments?

Re: [PROPOSAL] Add hostname-for-clients to ConfigurationProperties

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks for the feedback. Both Dan and Juan pointed out how the
hostname-for-clients are configured for each individual components
currently:  server/locator/gateway receivers are from gfsh commands options
and jmx are from gemfire properties. Let me revise my original proposal to:
Let's add a global property "hostname-for-clients" in the geode properties
that will be the default value if not overridden by those specific
configurations.

Thanks!

--
Cheers

Jinmei

Re: [PROPOSAL] Add hostname-for-clients to ConfigurationProperties

Posted by Juan José Ramos <jr...@pivotal.io>.
Hello Jinmei,

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.