Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Shilpa Kulkarni <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/09 01:20:59 UTC

Setting foreign key column as null

I am having trouble setting a foreign key value to null. Parts of my torque schema file are below. table_2.parent_asset_id has a foreign key constraint defined on it & it must be either null or one of the table_1.asset_id column values.

     idMethod="native">
    <column
      name="asset_id"
      required="true"
      primaryKey="true"
      type="BIGINT"
      description="ASSET ID"/>

     idMethod="none">
    <column
      name="parent_asset_id"
      required="false"
      primaryKey="false"
      type="BIGINT" />

<!-- Some other columns defined here. -->

    <foreign-key foreignTable="table_1">
      <reference
        local="parent_asset_id"
        foreign="asset_id"/>
    </foreign-key>

I want to be able to write code as follows:

Table2Bean table2Bean = new Table2Bean();
table2Bean.setParentAssetId(null);

However the setParentAssetId method in generated bean class takes has input parameter of type 'long'. So passing null does not work.

The generated method in Table2Bean class looks like this:
 public void setParentAssetId(long v)
    {

        this.parentAssetId = v;
        setModified(true);

    }

If the generated method was taking an object paramter (Long instead of long), it would work.

Any idea how to make it work? Any help is appreciated.

Shilpa