Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> on 2010/11/10 17:01:43 UTC

CMS website ready for prime time

Hello,

Could you all have a look at the new staging website. It is as ready as
it ever can be for deployment to replace our current site.

My proposal is to have it deployed on:

http://incubator.apache.org/river/

Or if it is allowed even on river.apache.org (on technical grounds).

I've made a copy of the old website and put it in 'attic' in the svn.

After the site is up, i will ask for takedown of the confluence site.

Votes please?

Gr. Sim

Re: CMS website ready for prime time

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Could you all have a look at the new staging website. It is as ready
>> as it ever can be for deployment to replace our current site.
>>
>> My proposal is to have it deployed on:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/river/
>>
>> Or if it is allowed even on river.apache.org (on technical grounds).
>>
>> I've made a copy of the old website and put it in 'attic' in the svn.
>>
>> After the site is up, i will ask for takedown of the confluence site.
>>
>> Votes please?
>
> +1
>
> Patricia

+1 Peter.

Re: CMS website ready for prime time

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you all have a look at the new staging website. It is as ready as
> it ever can be for deployment to replace our current site.
>
> My proposal is to have it deployed on:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/river/
>
> Or if it is allowed even on river.apache.org (on technical grounds).
>
> I've made a copy of the old website and put it in 'attic' in the svn.
>
> After the site is up, i will ask for takedown of the confluence site.
>
> Votes please?

+1

Patricia

CMS website ready for prime time

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
We are mentioned on the CMS info page:

http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCms2010

Re: CMS website ready for prime time

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.
I haven't tried anything yet, I only noticed it yesterday.

I'm not hugely bothered which exact font is used, it'd just be nice to
be able to have some code-like font to be used inline with other text.

I'll give it a try today.

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.
I'm happy to move it over.  It looks good to me.

There are a few problems in the development process page - mostly
inline single-spaced font for the version number stuff.

It seems that "{{some text}}" does not give the desired look that
"&lt;font face="courier"&gt;some text&lt;/font&gt;" would give.

I can take a look at this tomorrow, but I don't see it as a blocker
for moving our site over.

Good stuff!

+1