Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ra...@gmail.com on 2011/10/18 05:19:07 UTC

Ideally how much memory we can allocate to jmeter if my jmeter server system ram 4GB?

HI,

Ideally how much memory we can allocate to jmeter if my jmeter server
system ram 4GB? My server(where jmeter installed) is using only Jmeter
I have assigned heap memory size to 75% . what is the maximum % if ram 4GB.j

Re: Re: Ideally how much memory we can allocate to jmeter if my jmeter server system ram 4GB?

Posted by ra...@gmail.com.
Thanks All. :)

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18 October 2011 04:27, Bruce Ide <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I usually give it 2gb but you could probably give it 3gb or even more if all
> that's running is Jmeter.
>
> No matter how much you give it, it's never enough.
>
> The biggest offender in memory consumption is the "view results tree"
> listener. If you disable that in0 high-memory tests, you'll probably find
> that you have no more memory problems. If you're doing a huge image or
> something with jmeter, the view results tree listener will hold on to the
> image for the entire test. If you're downloading several large images or the
> same one multiple times, you will quickly run out of memory.

Yes, and the Table Listener also has to keep details of each sample.

See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/best-practices.html#lean_mean

> My one test that does something like that uses two listeners that write
> successful and failed requests to disk. I can just fire it up and if I see
> any failed requests then I know my test failed.

See also

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Generate_Summary_Results

which shows error counts.