Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Chetan Rautela <ra...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/08 12:26:24 UTC

shards.tolerant support for stream handlers

Hi All,

While using stream handler API in Solr 7.4.0.
I am getting following exception,
API :
http://localhost:8983/solr/demo_collection_1/stream?expr=search(demo_collection_1,q=*:*,fl=name,age,id,rec_time,sort=rec_time
desc,qt=/export)
Response :
{
  "result-set":{
    "docs":[{
        "EXCEPTION":"java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size:
0",
        "EOF":true,
        "RESPONSE_TIME":3}]}}

This happens when any one of the shard is down, if all shards are up I am
able to get results.
Is there a way to use shards.tolerant=true parmeter in streaming API ?

Please suggest if it is possible to get documents using streaming API even
when a few shards are down.

Any advice or documentation would be appreciated.

Regards,
Chetan Rautela

Re: shards.tolerant support for stream handlers

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
This is not something that has been tested yet with the stream handler
unfortunately.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/