Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com> on 2010/06/02 01:57:36 UTC

Re: Spatial Solr: problem with multiValued PointType

This seems to be a problem (from my limited understanding). I
encountered the same thing.

And the problem is that you can have results that independently match
the constraints for latitude and longitude, but the corresponding points
would not match (i.e. with separate fields there are no longer points!).

Thusly, a correct implementation of spatial search cannot have 2
separate fields (one for lat and one for long) and expect to get
accurate results.

Not sure how Solr team is accounting for this yet.

The Spatial example on the wiki does not work in the current trunk. It
always produces results, no matter what the stored point field has in
relation to the query.