Posted to dev@climate.apache.org by Michael Joyce <jo...@apache.org> on 2014/03/18 19:37:39 UTC

[IMPORTANT] What you need to know about our cleaned git repo

Hi all,

First, Jake at INFRA is awesome and got some problems dealt with quickly.
+1000 to Jake

Second, our repo is now cleaned. However, there are some important steps
you need to do to take advantage of this.

1 - Delete your old copy of the ASF repo and any forks you may have made on
Github.
2 - Re-clone/fork the repo. It is significantly smaller now, so this
shouldn't be so painful.

If you try to push off the old repo it will (should) no longer work (and if
it did it would be bad). Just to be super safe, make sure you don't do
this! We don't want to have to clean the repo again =D

I've checked tests after the cleaning and everything looks good to me.
However, it's always good for others to double check! So make sure to run
any tests and make sure everything is functioning correctly.

-- Joyce