Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Behrang Saeedzadeh <be...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/06 05:05:30 UTC

Looking for sample Type 3 fonts

I am doing some experiments with PdfBox against PDF documents that have
Type 3 fonts.

Any ideas where can I download some free Type 3 fonts?

Or do you know any public domain PDF documents that use Type 3 fonts?

Best regards,
Behrang Saeedzadeh
blog.behrang.org

Re: Looking for sample Type 3 fonts

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
There is no such thing as type 3 fonts to (down)load, this is something
inherited from PostScript. There are a few files with type 3 fonts, you
can find them with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels+%3D+type3
and also with a google search for "pdfbox jira type3". You can then look
at the structure of these fonts with PDFDebugger. The display of some
type3 fonts was wrong in the PDFDebugger font table display until
recently (some are flipped), use the latest unreleased version:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-app/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

Using existing type3 fonts from a PDF is also tricky, see
{{Type3Font.renderType3Glyph()}} in the PDFBox PDFDebugger subproject.

What do you need type3 fonts for?

Tilman