Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Grant <em...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/30 09:46:26 UTC

[users@httpd] RewriteRule and Location problem

I've set up an Alias to my docroot so that I can have all requests to the
Alias restricted to a certain set of users inside of a Location block, and
all requests to the real docroot restricted to a different set of users
inside of a different Location block.

The problem I'm running into is one of the applications on the server
doesn't work with
www.example.com/alias/app<http://www.example.com/jackjill/app>,
it only works with www.example.com/app.  I set up a RewriteRule to rewrite
/alias/app to /app, and that makes the application work, but then <Location
/app> is addressed instead of <Location /alias>.  Is there any way around
this?

- Grant